How Does Pineapple Rank On The List Of Florida’s 10 Favorite Pizza Toppings?
When it comes to pizza, we here in Florida are very opinionated. New York Style pizza seems to be all over Southwest Florida. There’s also quite a few Chicago style places. There’s even an Ohio pizza place in Cape Coral that’s pretty good. Florida residents have a lot of choices when it comes to pizza style, but what to put on the pizza? Yeah, we have thoughts about pizza toppings, too.
New research from Casinos.com has revealed the most popular pizza toppings across the US. However, we broke that data down to Florida favorites to see where pineapple sits in the top 10. All data for each topping in every state was sourced from Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/
So lets take a look at the Florida’s favorite pizza toppings.
- Pepperoni Not just in Florida, pepperoni is the overwhelming favorite across the US.
- Bacon I’m slightly surprised by this one. I’m fine with bacon on pizza, just didn’t think it’d be second.
- Sausage If you can get it fresh, and not frozen sausage crumbled in a bag, it’s amazing.
- Mushrooms Same goes for mushrooms. Fresh, not from the can.
- Chicken Once you got past pepperoni, mushroom, and sausage, this is where you knew it’d get interesting. Chicken is our fifth favorite pizza topping.
- Peppers fresh cut red and yellow peppers on a pizza is delicious, but there is a downside. The moisture from the peppers can seep down into the crust. If you’re already dealing with that limp New York Style thin crust it can get messy.
- Ground Beef To me, this is kind of a throw away topping. Ground beef doesn’t add much flavor.
- Tomatoes I think this popped up on the list because of Margherita pizzas.
- Onions Gotta be careful with onions on pizza. The wrong onion can really dominate the flavor and ruin the pie.
- Olives Yeah, olives can work on a pizza.
So where does pineapple fit on the top 10 list? it doesn’t. It’s not on there. Pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza. For the sake of research we expanded the list and found pineapple as the number 12 favorite topping in the US, behind jalapenos. So it has its place. For example, Hawaii lists pineapple as their favorite pizza topping. But in Florida? Nope. Not here.